BASIC HATHA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - Yoga Alliance Hrs: 200 (approximate)
What you can expect from Basic Hatha Yoga Teacher Training:
• Instruction in teaching the Yoga postures, deep relaxation and breathing techniques
• Guidance in your personal Yoga practices
• Monitored teaching practice
• Classes in vegetarian diet
• Instruction in basic anatomy and physiology
• Meditation workshops focusing on a variety of effective meditation techniques
• Instruction and practice in chanting – both for personal practice and teaching
• An in-depth course in Raja Yoga: The philosophy and psychology of Yoga covering such
• topics as the nature of the mind, the science of meditation, and yogic lifestyle guidelines
• Study and practice of the other branches of Integral Yoga:
◦ Jnana Yoga: The path of discrimination or self-analysis, inquiry into the nature of the Self, and witnessing
◦ the mind
◦ Bhakti Yoga: The path of devotion, which includes chanting, worship, and self-surrender
◦ Karma Yoga: The path of dedicated action and selfless service
• How to set up, publicize, and conduct classes
Applicants should be regular practicioners of Hatha Yoga for 6 months, preferably one year. We recommend that all students not trained through Integral Yoga familiarize themselves with the Integral Yoga method of teaching Hatha Yoga by taking at least 10 classes at an Integral Yoga Institute or from an IY teacher.
At the end of the course, graduates receive a diploma certifying them to teach Integral Yoga Hatha Beginners Level I. Integral Yoga is a registered school of the Yoga Alliance, a voluntary alliance of organizations and teachers dedicated to uphold the integrity of Yoga, establish voluntary national standards for Yoga teachers, and provide support for the Yoga professionals. Integral Yoga may award 200 hours towards Yoga Alliance registration with the completion of this course.
INTERMEDIATE HATHA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - Yoga Alliance Hrs: 170 (approximate)
The Intermediate Teacher Training course provides you with the opportunity to upgrade your teaching skills, deepen your practice, and expand your service by learning how to teach an Integral Yoga Level II class. There will be thorough exploration of the Level II asanas, as well as a more in-depth study of the pranayama practices. Study of the Bhagavad Gita is also included, to strengthen your grounding in the universal teachings of Yoga for personal development and further your understanding. This is a wonderful way to meet and spend time with other Integral Yoga teachers, to share experiences and ideas, and to find creative solutions to problems encountered in teaching.
• Daily practice of chanting, pranayama, and meditation
• Detailed guidance for teaching Level II classes
• Monitored teaching practice
• Study of the Bhagavad Gita
• Workshops to deepen your understanding and practice of pranayama and meditation
• Anatomy and physiology
• Guidance to deepen your own personal practice of yoga
200-hour certification (of all traditions) with a minimum of six months of teaching experience
RAJA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - Yoga Alliance Hrs: 149 (approximate)
Raja Yoga is a comprehensive system for purifying, strengthening and harmonizing all aspects of the individual – physical, mental, social and spiritual. It is the science of self-mastery and a guidebook to higher consciousness. It presents both the philosophy and the psychology of Yoga in a practical and systematic manner providing a unique opportunity to study in depth and to learn how to apply these great teachings in your life.
You will also be trained in public speaking and teaching skills so that you can effectively share these concepts and practices with others
Potential students should have taken the Integral Yoga Basic Hatha Yoga Teacher Training. We also welcome certified teachers from other traditions who have already taken an introductory Raja Yoga course.
Participants will be asked to review the Yoga Sutras prior to coming for the training. Please re-read Books 1 & 2, focusing on Sutras 1.1 – 1.16; 1.33; 2.28 – 2.55; and Book 3, Sutras 3.1 – 3.3.
The curriculum includes the following:
• In-depth review of the Yoga Sutras, especially Books I and II
• Guidance in the use of analogies, stories and other scriptures to illustrate the teachings
• Instruction in how to incorporate these teachings into daily life
• Training in public speaking
• Training in answering questions, leading discussions and developing group rapport
• A syllabus for teaching a six-week Raja Yoga course
At the end of the course, graduates receive a diploma certifying them to teach Raja Yoga.Integral Yoga may award 149 credit hours toward Yoga Alliance registration with the completion of this course.
STRESS MANAGEMENT TEACHER TRAINING - Yoga Alliance Hrs: 80 (approximate)
You don’t need to escape your life—you just need to understand what you can change. The Stress Management Teacher Training program makes it easy for you to respond to “stressful” situations more skillfully so you can live a life in balance.
This program lays a strong foundation in understanding the nature of stress (psychological and physiological), and explores Yoga practices that can be used to soothe the challenges of your day-to-day life. It’s a great space to share solutions and obstacles you may have encountered in teaching.
Adapting asanas (postures), breath work, meditation, and relaxation techniques according to settings
Creating stress-management programs that can be adjusted to meet the needs of your clients
Discussing stress management and public speaking with your students
Using Yoga to cope with the effects of stress/illness
Marketing yourself as a stress management specialist
Approaching potential employers—including HMOs, non-profits, and corporations
This program provides the following CE opportunities:
Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 80 contact hours
International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 80 contact hours
Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact for details.
Our approach to stress management is based on a Yoga model, with references to medical models, etc. that are relevant and useful.
Testimonial The skillful, dedicated teachers, loving support staff, and breadth of learning that took place surpassed my expectations—Program Participant